Saturday, March 8, 2008

I Spy - by kelly ann

My window is my glass.
My magnifying looking half-full glass. The glass window that shows
The World
My World
My World as The World.
When it rains for days,
My world mixes in gold-flecked daisies with those raindrops.
When the apple tree blossoms,
My quilted tree next to it pushes out kites of gingham and calico.
When the rabbits in the field next to the apple tree frolic,
My long-legged starfish perch under the quilted tree,
Stretching their legs to reach the rabbits’ passing feet.
When the boys next door chase the rabbits in the field next to the apple tree,
My fantastically oversized frog lies in wait for those boys-
Cage in hand, ready to capture those pink plundering punks and bring them back to his pad.
My windowpane separates My World from The World.
Sometimes combining the two worlds as one
Making it hard to tell the real from the more real.
Which is which?
I spy what I spy not what I see.

Which is just the way I like it.
_______________________________________
Poem By:
Kelly Ann
Photo By:
beetlebailey75

No comments: